You are to produce a persuasive essay in response to the following statement:
Teachers need various strategies but for those strategies to be successful, they need to be based on how students learn. Student diversity demands a sophisticated approach to teaching, so that all children can achieve to the best of their potential.
To what extent do you agree?
Your essay will include:
1. an introduction that summarises the issues to be covered in your essay and introduces the position you will take in response to the statement above
2. a persuasive argument in support of your position that provides evidence of:
• an analysis of pedagogy and classroom practice, based on your understanding of learning theories and supported by relevant quality literature
• a critical reflection about your personal beliefs regarding learning and teaching and how these relate to theories and practice
• an overview of the influence of child development on learning.
3. A conclusion that summarises the points discussed in your essay and makes one final statement about your response.
This is an individual assignment. The essay will involve a critical evaluation of relevant existing literature for the chosen topic. You should use a variety and extensive list of sources, at least 15 of which should be scholarly sources such as peer reviewed academic journals and books. Your work must be referenced throughout and full references given in APA style (6th Ed) at the end of the essay. The reference list must start on a separate page. Details of APA referencing formats